The antimicrobial activity of Aparajitha Dhooma Choornam was evaluated against microbes . The study was attempted to discard the microbial contamination of flora of various sections of the manufacturing unit, thereby create an aseptic atmosphere for quality products. The choornam showed total inhibition of coliforms and reduced fungal growth.
Aparajitha Dhooma Choornam is a classical Ayurvedic herbal preparation explained in the classical Ayurveda text, Ashtangahridayam. Aparajitha Dhooma Choornam explained in the context of treatment of Jwara (fever) for fumigation.
Benefits of fumigation with Aparajitha Dhooma Choornam
- An effective antimicrobial agent.
- It can play a role in the prevention of infectious diseases like fever.
- Can reduce the intensity of secondary infections.
- Good mosquito repellent- Aparajitha Dhooma widely used as a good mosquito repellent and found very effective in controlling vector-borne diseases like Dengue fever, Malaria. Aparajitha Dhooma is an excellent product as a preventive medicine during monsoon related infectious fevers.
- No side effects for Aparajitha Dhooma reported till now, but people with a history of respiratory conditions like Asthma should be cautious not to inhale fumes directly.
- Aparajitha Dhooma Choornam does not cause any sedative effect.
- This is safe for children, pregnant women and older people.
Aparajita Dhooma choornam is also recommended by Ayurvedic health ministry, which is in charge of health care of the migrant workers in India. The department has tried this fumigation powder for sanitizing the camps. And it resulted out to be very active in fighting the Coronavirus.
The using of choornam in the many isolation wards and quarantine centres (Corona crises). There is a need to do a regular disinfection exercise in the containment zones which help to avoid the spread of Coronavirus. Thus, this Ayurvedic fumigation practised with the help of Aparajitha Dhooma Choornam.