Ragipowder is a powerhouse of health benefiting nutrients that help in reducing weight and also acts as a treatment for multiple diseases like Brittle Bones, Osteoporosis, Anaemia and Diabetes. It is a natural relaxant that helps in relieving stress and anxiety. It is one such rare cereal that doesn’t need to be polished and, therefore, can be consumed in its purest form with all its goodness intact. Ragi is a whole grain that is gluten-free and a staple in South India.It is rich in fiber that helps with weight loss and diabetes.It's packed with calcium, good carbs, ammino acids and Vitamin D.
Benefits of Ragi Powder
- Ragipowder has high protein content
- Ragipowder is a rich source of minerals
- Ragipowder controls diabetes
- Ragipowder has anti-microbial properties
- Ragipowder has anti-cancer potential
- Ragi powder keeps you young
- Ragipowder reduces “bad” cholestrol, prevents cardiovascular disease.
Ragi powder is a powerhouse of health benefiting nutrients that help in reducing weight and also acts as a treatment for multiple diseases like Brittle Bones, Osteoporosis, Anemia and Diabetes.It is rich in fiber that helps with weight loss and diabetes.It's packed with calcium, good carbs, amino acids and Vitamin D.Quick ViewAdd to Cart
It has high protein content. The main protein content is known as eleusine, the bioavailability of which is quite high, so the body can easily absorb the nutrients. There are also generous quantities of tryptophan, cystine, methionine and other amino acids, which are essential for boosting the human growth hormone. Ragi is particularly beneficial for vegetarians as it contains methionine, which comprises of 5% of the protein. Studies have shown that people who include finger millet in their diet have lower incidences of esophageal cancer than people whose diet is based on maize or wheat.
Ragi is best food for weight control, diabetes and a cooling the body.
The good thing is that Ragi is a rich source of good carbohydrates. Ragi works wonders for maintaining young and youthful skin. Vital amino acids like Methionine and Lysine present in it make the skin tissues less prone to wrinkles and sagging.
Ragi is an excellent source of natural iron and thus a boon for anemic patients and also for those with low haemoglobin levels. The high amount of dietary fibre cmbine keeps the stomach full for a longer and prevents unwanted cravings. This in turn leads to a minimised appetite and weight loss. "Ragi flour lowers your blood sugar levels in the body by activating insulin.
- Ragi powder :5 cup
- Jaggery or Sugar (powdered) :5 cup
- Coconut Oil or Ghee :1/2 cup
- Cashews :1/2 cup
- Cardamoms (powdered – seeds only) :4
- Water :3 cup
- Coconut Oil or Ghee (to sauté the cashews) :1 tbsp
Tip: Jaggery and coconut sugar go well with coconut oil; sugar goes well with ghee.
- Sauté the cashews in 1 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee. Keep aside.
- Mix ragi powder water into a paste.
- Heat the mixture in a thick-bottomed vessel on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- After 3 minutes, mix in the powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
- Start adding the coconut oil (or ghee), 2 tablespoons at a time. Keep mixing until all the oil (or ghee) is used.
- Lower the heat and keep stirring for another 3–4 minutes. The mixture will start coming together – from a pasty consistency to a ball. Add the sautéed cashews.
Cook for another 2–3 minutes, mixing constantly. As the mixture cooks, the oil will start to separate from the ragi ball. Drain the excess oil and transfer the halwa to a glass bowl. Serve warm.