Yellow Arrowroot powder is an easily digested starch is used a thickener in many foods, and is also considered as an alternative to mother’s milk Easily digesting for infants, used as weaning food. Supplimentary diet for children.Corrects water and electrolyte imbalance. It is more acceptable for children.It is a rich source of calcium, pottassium, manganese phosphorus.It cools the body, reduces urinary symptoms like burning micturition, dysuria etc. It prevents stone formation also.
Yellow Arrowroot is used in cosmetics as a thickener. Unlike most thickeners, arrowroot has the ability to thicken at room temperature, and at varying ph levels. Arrow root powder is used as natural energy drink in summer it reduces the risk of urinary stones and refreshes and nourishes the body
Potential benefits of arrowroot
- Yellow Arrowroot powder comprises 32% resistant starch, which your body cannot digest. ...
- Foods high in fiber and resistant starch slow your rate of digestion, giving you a prolonged feeling of fullness.
It cools the body, reduces urinary symptoms like burning micturition, dysuria etc. It prevents stone formation also. Yellow Arrowroot powder helps fight pimples, acne, and blackheads. Is best for Abnormal vaginal discharge.White discharges in women with. Yellow Arrowroot powder boiled in water is given as food by adding milk and sugar. The poultice of yellow arrowroot is applied. Yellow arrowroot powder has cooling, soothing and demulcent action and therefore it helps in the fever, ulcers, burning urination, excessive heat in the body, etc...
Yellow Arrowroot powder can be stored in an airtight container. Refrigerate the container if you want to store it for a longer period as it will retain its freshness for months.
Sweet Yellow Arrowroot Halwa or Manja Koova podi Halwa
- ½ cup o f yellow Arrowroot powder/Koovapodi
- ¾ cup of grated Jaggery
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated coconut
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- 5 teaspoon of ghee or Clarified butter
- 2 tablespoon of raisins
- 8-10 Cashew nuts
- 1½ cup of water
Method of preparation
- Take some water (1/3 cup) in pan and heat it on a medium flame. Add the grated jaggery and continue heating.
- When the whole of jaggery melts to form a dark brown coloured solution, strain it for impurities.
- Now heat the dark brown coloured jaggery solution with the grated coconut. Heat it to a boil. Keep it aside.
- Take the yellow arrowroot powder in a wide open mixing bowl and add 1 cup of water. Mix it thoroughly to form a solution without lumps.
- Heat this arrowroot solution in a pan or Kadai. The solution starts thickening after 4-5 minutes. The solution will change the white colour and attains a transparent colour.
- Now, pour the jaggery solution and stir it well to form a golden brown coloured solution. Also, add the cardamom powder.
- Keep on stirring the solution and slowly mash the lumps with the back of a ladle.
- Add 3 teaspoon of ghee or Clarified butter. The mixture will start leaving the side of the pan and will slowly attain the thickness and becomes a whole mass.
- Now, add 1 more spoon of ghee, mix it well and take it off from the flame.
- Transfer the thick mixture to a greased plate.
- Use a flat based cup or plate to level the mixture. Cut the halwa into desired shapes.
- Garnish it with the roasted Cashew nuts and raisins.
- Yellow Arrowroot halwa is ready and serve it as a sweet confection.